Friday, November 5, 2010

Work, like exercise

I got the job and started in the new hen house yesterday.

I'm in and out quickly, working on reading with the kids. No random office tasks which I find are really what I enjoy doing while working the classrooms. Something about the mindlessness of making copies and organizing files that allows me to put to use my time management skills while feeling useful...

Not doing any office work means no work room. No work room means that I have no idea who the other hens are. I feel like a caged bird when I'm used to being free range.

While it's just 1 hour a day, thinking about going makes me irritable. It seems like an hour that could be put to better use, however I know if I didn't go I would spend the hour in my pajamas surfing facebook instead of actually accomplishing anything. Having to be up and going, it's a good start to the day and like exercise, I wind up feeling so much better afterwards. The hour goes quickly and knowing that I have to be there eliminates excuses.

Too bad I don't have the same motivation to go and actually exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment