Thursday, March 11, 2010

Decisions

I went back to work today. I should have stayed home again as the process to get to school was ridiculous - late leaving, got stuck behind the school bus, got stuck behind the driver going 5 mph under the speed limit, got stuck in the drop off line and ultimately my son came home from school sick about an hour later. I was 5 minutes late to work and lost a quarter of my workday.

However, everyone was so happy to see me. I think we all get stuck in the monotony of the day to day grind and tend to lose that sense of connection with each other, we're all just there. Everyday. So being gone, people actually missed me - it was a little surprising, and touching, to know that they do look forward to seeing me, even for 20 minutes.
On top of that, hanging out in the workroom has me appreciating everyone's individuality and how as a team we all blend and banter and bring something to the table that if it were someone else - it wouldnt' be the same.

This is making the decision to leave that much harder. I thought I had it figured out. Until I went back in today... I'd still see them, I am there every Friday anyway, but somehow I wouldn't be one of the family anymore. It's a tough choice...

No comments:

Post a Comment